Welcome to Dodson Elementary School
| Dodson Elementary School is a great place to attend! Our teachers and staff work hard to give each child the education he/she deserves. Together we can instill the love of learning and prepare our students for life!
Pre-K Registration April 14 -21st.
Required Documentation For Consideration Into PreKindergarten
(Blended, Local, State, and Title I Classrooms)
- Birth Certificate or acceptable proof of age - (Tennessee Office of Vital Records)
- Immunization (shot record) must be up-to-date and on a Tennessee Certificate of Immunization Form - See new immunization requirements below
- Physical (within 12 months of school starting)
- Proof of Residency (current utility bill, lease, etc.) must be resident of Davidson County
- Social Security Card or Number (optional)
- Proof of Income (1040 form on which child name is listed, Family First Case Number (Documentation letter received from Department of Human Services), Food Stamp Number (Documentation letter received from Department of Human Services), etc.)
- Assessment (scheduled by the school)
Note: Your child must be 4 years old on or before August 31st of the current school year in order to be eligible for Pre-Kindergarten (This is an amended State Law).
Pathway to Kindergarten Readiness - visit iTRAILS.org
School Option Calendar
MNPS School Choice calendar for 2014-15 optional schools selection process.
August 5 - Back To School Night (5:30-6:30pm)
August 6 - Students First Day (Early Dismissal)
August 7 - No School For Students
August 8 - First Full Day Grades 1-4; Early Dismissal PreK & K
August 14 - First PTO Meeting (3:15-4:15pm)
August 15 - City Saver Kick-Off
September 1 - No School
For more events check out our calendar.
Want to Stay Informed?
Make sure you are up-to-date with what's going on! Some ways to do that are reading by reading the messages from Mrs. Curtis, joining PTO, reading our monthly newsletters, and checking out our events calendar.
The Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, color, age, and/or disability in admission to, access to, or operation of its programs, services, or activities. MNPS does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. Contact MNPS ADA Coordinator at 259-8531.
MNPS maintains an official complaint procedure that complies with the standards set aside by Federal Programs under No Child Left Behind. Complaints regarding Public School Choice and Supplemental Educational Services (SES) are covered under this procedure. It can be found by clicking on Complaint Process.
Click on the links provided for more detailed information. <Complaint Process.>